Friday 25 March 2016

Reading Challenge - A Book Published This Year

My first reaction to the book I'm about to write about was: AAAAAAAAAH.

Inhale. Exhale. Let's move on.

This was one of the categories that I was most worried about because whenever I checked the dates on the book I've read, they were all prior to 2014 howeveeeeer this book kind of came out of the blue. One day I was chilling on an ebooks website and suddenly I saw it and I grabbed it and I read it and then I wrote you about it.

The book I'm talking about is "See Me" by Nicholas Sparks. Now, I adore Nicholas Sparks even if, okay, his books are always the same thing and there's always someone who dies (someone who you usually love to death and it guts you. Or a dog. Yeah, sometimes the dog dies. Which guts you).

Anyways, I basically loved this book which may be a little bit obvious because as I stated I love Nicholas Sparks but I like to think this book had something different. I liked how he mentioned the social netwrosk which are such a big part of our life and I adored Colin and Maria, I'd find myself stopping reading just to sigh at how adorable they were.

However, what I didn't like was: if they were always on social networks even using them to research people from their past, then why didn't they use it to find Maria's stalker??? Another thing that surprised me (this is a SPOILERRRRR) was that nobody that I loved died. weeee. That is a big feat!

(And also this was the first post-divorce book by Nicholas Sparks and it was my favorite book of his so I suppose divorce is working out for him?? I'm sooooorry Cathy and Nick. You're still my fav couple to have ever existed. Even if you are no more) (but, please, get back together!)

My fav quote wasssss:

“In the end, the only one you can ever really please is yourself. How others feel is up to them.”

(9 of 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment