Wednesday 18 May 2016

Reading Challenge - A Book at the Bottom of your TBR

Remember this challenge? I swear I hadn't forgotten about it but I actualy haven't been reading books that fit in any of the categories. Today, I thought about it again and I noticed that there are a few categories that I don't need to read a book to e filled so here we gooooo, I'll be filling those categories while I read more books. Sounds like a deal.

Title: The Book Thief
Author: Mark Zusak
Year / Pages: 2006 / 552


For this category, I have to choose a book that is at the bottom of my TBR and I have a really big TBR. Looking at my Goodreads, I am choosing the book that is on my TBR but that I feel the less inclined to read. And that will be: The Book Thief by Mark Zusak. 

I knowwww. This is one of the books that is so loved by everyone! I have had this book in my house in one of those situations where "let's buy a book that we really want to read for that distant cousin that we see once every year so that we have time to read it before we actually see that cousin" but turns our my distant cousin showed up after a month and there goes the book without me reading it.

Truth to be told, I did get the ebook afterwards but when my old PC died (rest in peace, my fellow companion of so many years) I never really bothered to get it again.

And I kind of don't even really feel like it??!!(is this the moment where you throw sticks at me?)

Okay, okay, so I will explain my aversion to the book that doesn't even exist. A lot of my friends have read this book and they spent a lot of times telling me how good it was and how much I had to read it. "This is going to be the best book in your life, you'll see!" they told me. "You won't regret it, it's sooooo good," they told me.

And then I'm like this, with very high expectations and so affraid to read it and not love it as much as everyone wants me to and seems to love it. I feel like I will read a book that has bad reviews quicker than the ones everyone raves about, simply because if I read a bad book and it's bad, then that's that. No expectations on that one, but if I hate a book my friends love....oh, boy. I feel like that's why I haven't read any of these books (and you can throw sticks at me here, yes):


a. Harry Potter (okay, fine, I deserve to have two or three sticks thrown for this one);
b. Lord of The Rings / Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien;
c. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (started the 1st book, once upon a time. I consider this progress!);
d. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (gave up);
e. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (and it's not gonna happen);
f. The whole Mortal Instruments thingie by Cassandra Claire (after the first book and after a that wanna be vampire (not wanna be, he kinda is) I decided I was done!).

Obviously, I still will read some of these books. Harry Potter has even been moving up in my list... I feel like I just don't like to read books while all the hype is still up. I prefer to let it die down and not let it influence my opinion.

Unfortunetly, there's no quote for this book because I still haven't read it.

(and now, you can scream at me! I will still like you all!)

(15 of 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment