Thursday 21 April 2016

TAG: The Outlander Book Tag

Sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say that that lass could be IIIIIIII..... That is right my friends, I am here to talk to you about Outlander!!!

 

I basically saw this on some blogs and then I went on youtube and watched a bunch of videos with this TAG but the person who created it was abookutopia. I love, love, love Outlander, I'm currently reading the 3rd book (Voyager) and I adore Jamie and Claire and everyone so much and I wanna marry this book and they are my ultimate OTP so obviously I couldn't let this TAG pass me by.

I have never done one of these TAGs but basically there are a few questions based on the book and I'll answer them with what I see fit. I'll try to not reply 'Outlander' to every single one of these questions butttttt....bare with me.


Here we go!



  
1. You touch some standing stones and get transported back in time, what year would you hope to land in?


The history geek inside me would like to be transported to a. World War I; b. dictatorship times butttt the human inside me is currently hitting the history geek in the head. I would like to be somehwere in the 17th century because of the dresses and Louis XIV and yeah... just like, the lazy life of a woman who had no respect or rights whatsoever *note the sarcasm*.

2. Claire is a very good nurse, what type of skill would you want to have that a fictional character excels at? 


I'm going to go with Blimunda from Baltasar and Blimunda (José Saramago). She has this gift of seeing people's aura and if they are truly good at their core and I think that would be quite cool, it would be cooler than to be a kickass master. And like, she only has this gift if she doesn't eat so it's very controlable and I can avoid things going wrong.

3. Jamie and Claire are ultimate relationship goals, who is your favorite fictional couple?


JAMIE AND CLAIRE. Oh wait, I have to choose another? My 2nd OTP is honestly a tie between Simon and Caroline (Wallbanger, by Alice Clayton) and Emma and Aidan from this little indie book called The Proposition by Katie Ashley which is soooooo good and cute and sweet and the reason why I thank whatever platform Katie Ashley chose for allowing to publish this book (I mean...I've only re-read it like 4 times!).

4. The ending of Outlander was shocking, what is one book you read that totally blew your mind?


Since I am trying to get out of my typical choosen books I am not going to go with Allegiant (which, I reckon, would be more wow if I hadn't been spoiled!), I'm going to choose Father Unknown by Lesley Pearse because... WHAT THE HECK IS THIS BOOK???? At first I was like 'Okay, Leslie, nice stuff' but when I got to the middle I'm like WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!! This book surprised me so much and I still remember it nowadays, eventhough I read it while I was in highschool (aka, a lifetime ago).

5. Scotland has lots of castles and we see quite a few in Outlander, what fictional kingdom would you want as your own (castle included)?


Hiiiiii, Cinderella, do you need a roomate??
Either that or Hogwarts. I never read Harry Potter but since it's a school, I suppose I could learn a thing or two between all the drama Harry creates.

6. Outlander has some very steamy scenes, what is your favorite romance novel?



I really like the Beauty trilogy written by Georgia Cates. It may start off really steamy but it's not like that at alllll, it's just a really cool romance between Jack and Laurelyn. The covers might give the wrong idea since this is not a 50 Shades book AT ALL. Also The Proposition/The Proposal by Katie Ashley is love.

7. The Jacobite Rising is a huge plot point in the Outlander series, what book has your favorite battle in it?


I am a very relaxed person who does not like fights, however if you bring me into a fight....oh boy, be prepared. So. For my favorite battle, I'm going to go with....Divergent. Like all the battles divergents have with the top guys. It's hard for me to choose a battle because a. I kind of forget some bits of the books; b. I usually read fluffy romances or historical things with few to none battles.

8. Jamie and Claire get married very unexpectedly, what fictional character would you want to marry on a whim?


JAMIE! Obviously, duh.
Alright... other than Jamie...I'd hook up with Four from the Divergent. He is a nice boy, a little whiny sometimes but still okay. I wouldn't say no to Colin from See Me (Nicholas Sparks)

9. Scotland is a beautiful place, what is one fictional world you would love to visit? 



Okay, so I don't read a lot of fiction and the fiction I read is mostly dystopias where the world has either ended or is a complete mess so I wouldn't want to go near those worlds, anyways. I'm going to go again with Harry Potter.... just because it seems pretty neat.

10. If you could change the past, would you?



I....would. I don't know, on one hand I believe everything happens for a reason but on the other hand I feel like if I hadn't acted a certain way towards certain people or situations, different outcomes could have happened. I don't know. I probably wouldn't change anything just because if I did things a certain way, it was because I had reasons to??? I don't know.

11.Tag somebody!

I am tagging my friend Laura because she is a book lover like moi, and she is the only person I know with a blog. So, there.

And now, I'm going to watch Outlander. Obvi.

(All the pics, I found in Google and I think belong to Starz and they are allllll season 1. So, no spoilers!)

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos you picked for each of the questions!! I need to start reading Voyager ASAP!

    ReplyDelete